Friday, February 18, 2011

our friendship is not what it seems

nothing scandalous here, just time and again when I blank out either due to overload or underload of the brain, random scenes of the past come back to drink coffee with me.

this story is about friendship during BMT:
We have a buddy system during that time, but our total number of bunk mates equals to an odd number. but time shows who you are really comfortable with and soon we have the official buddy and the not so official buddy. my buddy was bed4, i'm bed3, but my unofficial buddy is bed2.. who has an official buddy bed1. aiya it's easy concept, just trying to confuse who might be reading this shit; it's 1 with 2 and 3 with 4.

Only during tough times can you see who is friend. Road long know horse strength; Day long know human heart. I always believe in this, coz nothing can be more true than that lol. We all had our good times and our not so good times, most of my memories are the laughters and the singing sessions either with my official or non-official buddy. The coorporation to make sure things work out for everyone etc. I'm in a  camp of fit people, OIE I WAS QUITE FIT HOR! that's why my service was 2 mths less than the normal guys... which also puts me in the bottom of the fittest lol, no worries i can see a lot of ppl same as me.

So the time comes to see whether we are going for higher position (ie officers or sergeants) or the mostly looked down upon (man). Man are under-rated coz they psycho us to be officers, as they need the people, so they make it sound so prestigious so that we greedy people who want the glory and higher pay will rush into the rat race. Come to think about it, I felt like i was being played like a fool.

I was posted to IMOS, to be a sailor. Bed2 was posted to be a sergeant. Life in the navy was good, but i wanted to do more, however i ended doing less and had the luck to be a driver in the end.. might i mention the free licence i get~ ok so the main thing was, I am in navy while my heart is still with the chiong sua (charge mountain) days back in BMT. Got used to it, quite like the company.

In my boredom I sent my bed2 buddy an sms one day, as we all stay in camp for the weekdays. I thought he could be as bo liao as i am, but didnt get a reply.. well probably he was charging the mountains at that time, maybe at night he will reply me... days past and i know the mountain in sg not that big, but wasnt specially waiting for his message la.. just come to think about it, quite sad to be ignored when i thought we are actually damn good kakis, and in the end not worth a reply.

Misunderstandings could happen, but sometimes things just come by once, and I usually don't hang myself up to sell. moreover i got better things to do. but it is all the same.. after BMT, some people just act as if they never seen you before. Well... it's probably just a phase in our lives when we are friends.. maybe not that much of a friend, rather friends with benefits.

"hey man, how you doing? Things here are kinda boring here, missing the days in BMT already.."
...
...
...

No comments: